Software Tool: MS Teams
Training Schedule: March 1-3, 2023 (8am-5pm, 3 days, 24 hours)
In this global pandemic, PCAPI Region 4A Chapter is in full support to the world’s campaign of a “new normal” with virtual connection and reduced direct contact. Businesses worldwide are affected but still saddled with the challenge and requirement to comply with environmental laws. To help the businesses in our country cope up with their environmental compliance, PCAPI R4A is now transitioning from its traditional pen and paper trainings and seminar to its brand new and upgraded virtual trainings.
PCAPI Region IV-A will conduct an On-line “TLC Series on Chemicals and Hazardous Wastes Management for Pollution Control Officers” on March 1-3, 2023 through Microsoft Teams (MS Teams). The program will be most beneficial to PCOs and other professionals who are currently working as mid-level managers, administrators, and technical personnel of a proposed project or in a newly established/expanded facility. The key learning objectives of this training are:
- To understand the mandates of different agencies regulating chemical substances in the Philippines and delineate the compliance requirements of the EMB on chemical management with respect to other agencies
- To discuss and review updates on relevant environmental laws and provide clear understanding of guidelines, procedures and requirements under Title II and Title III of DAO 1992-29 or IRR of RA 6969
- To learn various aspects in the Assessment of Chemicals
- To be able to interpret the contents of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Labels
- To discuss knowledge about chemical management in terms of handling, labelling, storage, use and disposal
- To prepare a Chemical Management Plan, in accordance with SDS
- To demonstrate an online application for chemicals permitting or registration and online application for Hazardous Waste Generator’s ID
- To discuss technologies on hazardous waste management (mainstream industries & special focus on healthcare wastes)
- To prepare a Hazardous Waste Management Plan
- To discuss selected pollution cases from the PAB that arise from improper Hazardous Waste Management
Similar to all face-to-face PCAPI 4A trainings in the past, this Online TLC Series is a 3-day immersive training, but will be tailored in the MS Teams platform and delivered in real-time streaming. This will be facilitated by PCAPI 4A’s dynamic Training Team composed of its Facilitators, Training Director and Secretariat who will guide the PCO Trainee in their 3-day virtual training experience.
In this regard, we would like to invite your Pollution Control Officers/s and Environmental Staff to attend this course. Training fees are listed below, and shall be inclusive of electronic copy of presentation materials and training certificate.
To receive a confirmation of your registration slot, please email deposit slip or proof of payment to email@example.com.
You can follow the following steps for online registration.