VISION, MISSION, OBJECTIVES
Pollution Control Association of the Philippines (PCAPI) Region IV-A Chapter, Inc. is a SEC-registered, non-profit, non-stock and non-political association which serves as a partner-organization of DENR-EMB in the dissemination and implementation of various training programs, environmental initiatives and projects. PCAPI R4-A also serves as a link between industry and the regulatory agency in working towards sustainable development.
PCAPI Region IV-A Chapter is an association of Pollution Control Officers organized in 1997 whose vision is “to be the leading association of Pollution Control Officers (PCOs) and environmental practitioners and be an internationally-recognized training institution, empowering its stakeholders in the protection of the environment.”
The Association serves its members by promoting environmental responsibility through training modules for Pollution Control Officers (PCOs) and members from basic to advance training; developing technical expertise, management skills, familiarity with all sides of environmental issues and networking to other environmental expertise.
- Serve as an effective link between government and the industry.
- Create environmental awareness through training, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Provide necessary support in addressing issues and concerns related to compliance to environment regulations.
- Complete training modules for Pollution Control Officers (PCO) and members from basic to advanced training;
- Environmental Management capability building particularly for multipartite monitoring teams and environmental guarantee fund committee members;
- Sustained communication linkage through the association’s newsletter, regular officers’ meetings, quarterly seminar-workshops and annual conventions;
- Assistance to the industry in the accreditation of PCOs, responding to environmental concerns of the industry particularly in the compliance to new and emerging government policies and regulations.
- Technical Committee
- Ways and Means Committee
- Finance and Admin Committee
- Membership Committee
- Audit Committee
- Election Committee
- Regular Board meetings are held every third Saturday of the Month.
- Special Board meetings are held as necessary.
- PCO Summit is held early part of 4th Quarter biennially.
- General Membership meeting is held early part of 4th Quarter biennially.
INDUSTRY SECTORS REPRESENTED
PCAPI Region IV-A Chapter is represented by PCOs who elect among their respective sectors during the Chapter’s Biennial General Assembly.
These industry sectors are the following:
|(Sector 1) Metals/ Metal-based Industry/ Construction & Infrastructure/ Automotive/ Ships Assembly|
|(Sector 2) Paper/ Printing/ Textile/ Rubber/ Plastic Moulding/ Wood/ Tannery / Packaging|
|(Sector 3) Warehousing & Logistics (including port)|
|(Sector 4) Environmental Services (Transporter, TSD, Consultancy, Eng’g Service Provider)|
|(Sector 5) Education, NGO, LGU (CENRO, MENRO, PEMU, etc)|
|(Sector 6) Power Generation (Power Plants, Refineries, Petrochemicals)|
|(Sector 7) Chemicals/ Pharmaceuticals/ Oil (Mft’g/Mills)/ Cosmetics/ Detergents/ Wax/Paints|
|(Sector 8) Commercial (Malls/ Restaurant/ QSR/ Banks, Offices), Real Estates (Subdivision, Bldg/ Condo, Memorial Park), Recreational Facilities(Hotels, Resorts, Amusement Parks)|
|(Sector 9) Utilities and Services (Electricity, Grid, Water Distribution, Telecom, Gas Stations)|
|(Sector 10) Hospital & Healthcare Institutions (clinics, lying-ins, vet clinics, funeral parlor, crematory)|
|(Sector 11) Food & Beverage (Manufacturing)|
|(Sector 12) Sugar/ Distillery/Ethanol/ Tobacco (Manufacturing)|
|(Sector 13) Livestock/ Poultry/Feeds/Agriculture|
|(Sector 14) Mining & Quarry/ Cement/ Ceramics/ Tiles/ Glass|
|(Sector 15) Semi-Conductor & Electronics/Electrical (Solar Panel Mfg)|