Software Tool: MS Teams
Training Schedule: June 10-11, 2024 (8am-5pm, 2 days, 16 hours)
We at PCAPI Region IV-A strive to support to our co-PCOs cope up and increase capacity building in ensuring environmental compliance. In line with this, we are conducting an Online “TLC Series on Chemicals Management & Permitting” on June 10-11, 2024.
The program will be most beneficial to PCOs and other professionals who are currently working as PCOs, EHS team members, and other technical personnel involved in handling, storing or managing regulated chemicals. The key learning objectives of this training are:
- To discuss the salient points of relevant international policies and practices, including multi-lateral environmental agreements (MEAs) and Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM) – which govern chemical management as applicable in the Philippines;
- To discuss and review updates on relevant environmental laws and provide clear understanding of guidelines, procedures and requirements under Title II of DAO 1992-29 or IRR of RA 6969;
- To understand the mandates of different agencies regulating chemical substances in the Philippines and delineate the compliance requirements of the EMB on chemical management with respect to other agencies
- To learn various aspects in the Assessment of Chemicals
- To be able to interpret the contents of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Labels
- To outline key steps in preparation of Chemical Management Plan (in accordance with SDS), Emergency Response Plan (EPR) and Contingency Plan;
- To discuss permitting requirements and sources of data for chemical permit applications; and
- To demonstrate key steps in online application for chemical permitting
This Online TLC Series is a 2-day immersive training, but will be tailored in the MS Teams platform and delivered in real-time streaming. This will be facilitated by PCAPI 4A’s dynamic Training Team composed of its Facilitators, Training Director and Secretariat who will guide the PCO Trainee in their 2-day virtual training experience.
In this regard, we would like to invite your Pollution Control Officers/s and Environmental Staff to attend this couse. Training fees are listed below, and shall be inclusive of electronic copy of presentation materials and training certificate.
SLOTS ARE LIMITED, AND REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
To receive a confirmation of your registration slot, please email deposit slip or proof of payment to email@example.com.
You can follow the following steps for online registration.